Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick

Default Home care advice or cut my losses & move?

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:55:23 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:14:09 +0000, Grunff wrote:

I got a lot of the work done on the cheap (or by people who told me
they could do the job cheaper than the next guy, so I trusted
them).

One possibility is that your quest for cheapness has resulted in
lots of badly done/half done jobs, while costing the same (or more)
as it would have if it had been done properly.

I agree, pay peanuts, get monkeys. Finding tradesmen who can be
trusted to do a job as they say they will to a high enough standard is
very difficult. That's the main reason I try to do most things myself,
a good tradesman is on a par with rocking horse **** and hens teeth.

I think I have yet to employ *anyone* who has done a completely
satisfactory job.

Agreed

Rick