Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default maybe OT, insurance?

In article ,
says...
The mountain in Maine is a killer - there is a station on top that can only
be reached by climbing. Choppers can't get there. The winds are normally
60 mph or so and often bad weather. Real nasty top, wonder snow...
I'm sure it was Maine.

Sounds like you're thinking of Mt Washington in NH. The
summit has a reputation for having some of the worst
weather in the world. There's a weather research station up
there that holds the record for the highest sustained wind
speed ever recorded, and the weather is highly
unpredictable.

A friend and I were relaxing after climbing to the summit
on a beautiful August afternoon - next thing we knew the
temperature dropped, the wind started blowing, then sleet,
then snow. We had ditched our packs with warm clothes and
tent a few miles from the summit and while we were sitting
contemplating a nasty hike down the sun came out again and
the temp was back into the 60s, all within a matter of 30
minutes or so.

But you can also drive to the summit or take a very cool
ride on the cog railway.

http://www.thecog.com/

Ned Simmons