Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default Home care advice or cut my losses & move?

wrote:
The flat is in a purpose built block. It's 2-bed with external garage.
The work I got done was replacement windows, central heating, new
bathroom, new kitchen, hardwood floors thoughout, a couple of joinery
jobs - building cupboards & boxing in some things.
I know I over-payed for some of it and I agree, it was my cheapness
that resulted in some work not being done to a good enough standard.

So apart from the windows and the boiler, what else is wrong?

Thing is, it could be that you only need to spend say £5k to get
everything nicely sorted out, or it could be that everything needs to be
redone. If the former, then it's well worth spending the money and
staying put. If the latter, then maybe selling is the best option.

But from where I'm sitting, it's impossible to tell which one it is. A
new boiler isn't that expensive. You could easily get a new boiler and
replace some of your windows for under £5k. But if the whole CH needs to
be redone, then the cost will be significantly more.

--
Grunff