Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Moving/removing snow

Toller wrote:
"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have any experience with the item found at this web site:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=86576

It's called a Vertex Ergonomic Snow Shovel. It is essentially a
small snow plow on wheels.
I'm thinking of getting it. I live near Buffalo, NY and we get
quite a bit of snow.

If you have a couple inches of powder, that looks like it would do a
great job. But then so would anything else.
I seriously doubt you could get it to move with 4" of wet snow.

It is designed for moving wet snow. How well it does it is yet to be
seen. I really question how well it will do.

BTW, you don't shovel snow, you push it.
Get a snow pusher. Make one run down the driveway and then push on
either side towards the sides. At the end you might have to break
out the snow shovel.
If it is snowing steadily, go out every few hours. It is much easier
to do 3" 3 times then try to deal with 9".
However, I will second the recommendation of a snow blower. Unless
you are on a very tight budget, don't bother with a small electric;
they are not much easier than a pusher. Get a medium sized gas; I
got mine at Sears for about $300 a couple years ago.

Also, what about this stuff:

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/produ...cm_ite=Keyword

It's Brookstone Bare Ground System. You're supposed to spray it on
your driveway and it stops 3 to 4 inches of snow from sticking. Then
what? Do you spray more on to stop more snow from sticking? Can
this stuff really work?

Wouldn't that be great if it worked! It would put all the snow plows
out of business.

I have to drive to Buffalo on Tuesday; sure hope that storm holds off.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit