Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default ionic breeze ion transformer diode

HarryHydro wrote:
Hi Folks:
I have two Sharper Image Ionic Breeze units. These worked good
when they worked. One broke about a year after I bought it, the second
broke just recently. Actually, they both seem to be making high
voltage, but now neither are moving air. I suspect the rectifier
diodes in the transformers are shorted. They both just hiss. The last
working unit hissed and pumped air, but now it just hisses, like the
other one. I'm hunting for a supplier for a replacement transformer.
Also, is it me or do these things suck when it comes to reliability?
;-) I did run them 24/7.

Thanks Folks!
Harry

I'd try a microwave oven diode, they're cheap, and most are rated for
500mA, if you're exceeding that in an ionizer then you've got some
serious problems.