Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey

Default CNC Project: Making a routed sign

Frank Drackman (in ) said:

| Thanks for posting. It will be interesting to see what you are
| doing with the ShopBot in the future. Can you share your proces
| for deciding that a ShopBot was needed/wanted in your shop?

Frank...

In a nutshell, I had a wild urge to mass-produce solar heating panels
and high-end woodworking benches - and decided that the 'Bot offered a
number of advantages:

[1] CAD/CAM/CNC allow extremely rapid prototyping.
[2] I could achieve consistantly higher quality than with other
methods.
[3] Labor costs are minimized.
[4] I could capitalize on math/software/control system experience.
[5] CNC production capacity is wonderfully scalable.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar