Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding,sci.electronics.design
Jon Elson

Default SUCCESS! TIG DC -- Advanced SquareWave INVERTER is working (prototype)

Ignoramus28489 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...o-AC-Inverter/

Here you see my first working prototype of the IGBT based TIG
inverter. Again, this is an add on inverter for making Advanced Square
Wave AC from DC supplied by the welding machine.

Well, this is sure progress. But, you haven't run actual
welding currents through this yet, I gather. When the currents
in the IGBTs reach even 50% of rating, that's when all the
effects of the wiring layout are going to start showing up.
Since this is inherently a current-limited application with
the TIG power source, you do have the benefit that momentary
shorting of the welder should not cause massive shoot-through
currents.

Good luck taking it to the next step!

Jon