Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Anthony

Default Vice alignment questions

Bill Schwab wrote in
nk.net:

Is there a particular bolt and/or finish type I should get?

If you use Grade 5 bolts (normal hardware store stuff), they will stretch
considerably. Use Grade 8 or Class 12.9 (metric) bolts. I would also
suggest thick hardened washers. Deformation of the washer will cause
inadvertent movement while tightening.

On our Deckel, since the Kurt vice is made for a 'standard' t-slot
pattern, it is only possible to get 2 bolts in the vice. The bolts are
placed in the inside slots at the front end of the vice and clamps are
used at the tail (handle) end.

--
Anthony

better idiots.