Beecrofter

Default blue steel for carving tools?

"nativewoodcarving" wrote in message ...
Hi folks,

I am looking for a type of metal to make carving tools. I was told that
spring steel is the best and there is also one saying blue steel? What
actually is blue steel? For spring steel - would those leftspring from the
bottom of our truck for suspension works?

Thanks

Charles

O1 O1 O1
If you are going to take the time to learn to make them and make them
consistantly purchase some O1 steel and stick with it til you get good
at it. Then noodle around with found objects.

Search the back issues of fine woodworking, way early is an article of
someone making gouges.

Truck springs don't have the proper amount of carbon.