Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy

Default Room thermostat

Think I'm correct in saying that a 3 wire system is Live, Neutral and Heat.
My old thermostat needed a Live/Neutral supply to drive it but only needed
the live to be switched to the Heat to control the boiler. Have now fitted a
new 2 contact room stat and have only used the Live and Heat wires and
isolated the Neutral as this was no longer needed... all works fine.

In order to use you're existing stat I presume you will need a Neutral feed
to the stat or you could simply buy a new 2 wire stat.

Andy

"williamsmark" wrote in message

I am reasonable at DIY however having a problem in wiring up a new room
thermostat to my new boiler.

The boiler (Ravenheat Little Star) only has two connections for room
stat and the stat (Drayton Digistat 3) has 3 connections.
Can anyone help with what connects to what.

I've rewired the house with no problems but this has me a bit
bewildered.

Any help would be gratefully received

Mark

--