Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

Default Installing a new kitchen faucet - I am going to rip the sink OUT!!! going postal!!!

You could go buy a cheap or good basin wrench made for the
project:
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?prod_id=166783&cm_mmc=1hd.com2froogle-_-product_feed-_-D26X-_-166783&srccode=cii_14110944&cpncode=07-2537383-2

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Basin-Wrench/index.htm

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"miamicuse" wrote in message
OK after I spent a lot of time dis-assembling an old corroded
kitchen faucet
here is a new one I am installing.

Everything is smooth, I lowered the faucet (has two water supply
tubes and a
pull out spray) so I got the washer and the big but and I
tighten it from
below where your whole body is twisted into this unbearable form
inside the
cabinet and under the waste pipes and garbage disposal so you
can see just a
little bit what you are doing. You try your best to tighten
this big nut
and when you are done you hook everything up and open the water
and good -
water out.

So you turn on turn off a few times and the faucet is sort of
heavy and
after a few times it starts to wobble a bit. So you get under
the sink and
strange enough the big nut you tightened is now loose so you
tighten it
again. Try again and after a few times you have to go under to
tighten it
again. There is no leverage there to use any wrench, well even
my biggest
adjustable wrench won't be big enough and even if it were, there
is no room
to turn one degree.

I am now all wet and sweaty. I cut myself from disassembling
the old
faucet. I am seriously considering removing the sink so I can
get to the
faucet bottom to really tighten it. Now what I will do with the
double sink
after it is removed I am not sure. I don't know what else to
do, the faucet
is a nice one - Jado single lever with a pull out spray.

Any suggestions?

MC