Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

Default Refrigerator

I am sorry, I have no suggestions on getting it replaced.

The oil is in the Freon that is in the coils and compressor.
When something leaks through a hole or fitting, it will spray or
drip Freon and oil. IMHO the serviceman should have checked the
Freon level in the system, especially when he found oil. There is
nothing about moving or laying one down that will necessarily
cause any oil leak. If you lay one down to move it, you need to
wait a day or two to allow the oil to gravitate back to the
compressor before restarting.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"JasmynJade" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there any other way for oil to get into the coils of a
Refrigerator?

We purchased a NEW fridge from Sears in 2002 and purchased an
EXTRA 3
yr In-Home Master Protection Agreement at that time. It made
alot of
noises from day one...the 1st compressor went out in January
2004....the compressor was replaced...the service man told us
that
either the compressor's must be bad or something...he was
replacing
them right & left. After about a week...the noises got
worse....we
lived with it. It was about time for our 3 yr agreement to run
out so
we purchased ANOTHER 2 yr In-Home Master Protection Agreement.
Then on November 13th 2005...all of our food in the freezer
thawed out.
We unplugged it for fear of a fire. When I called the 1-800
#...I told
them I wanted a replacement.....afterall, what is that
"Satisfaction
Guarantee" worth anyway...they told me it was up to the
repairman. The
repairman came and plugged it back in....it came on and was
working
fine, at that time. So, he wrote on the service order paper,
"working
properly at this time"....and could not determine what was
wrong. He
told us to put a bowl of water in the freezer and "watch it".
This
could be days, weeks, or months and was told they could NOT do
anything
about it for now. Then, on November 18th it qujt working
again...serviceman came on the 19th....he said he found oil in
the
coils and said we had turned it over or dropped it.....NO WE
DIDN'T!!!
They won't fix it OR replace it.....

Does anyone have any suggestions??????

Thanks in advance,