Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Art Todesco

Default LED Xmas lights

The town where I live has a March or
April 1st ordinance for
Christmas decorations/lights removal,
although I have seen
lights up all year on some houses. BTW,
some colored lights will
loose their color much faster if left
out all year.

Beachcomber wrote:
I don't object but then I don't see the point in doing it either. I
haven't done it ever (over 30 years), put out lots of lights in the
past, have had them up for a month, never had a short. Looks like
wasted time/effort and make a mess pulling them down.

Harry K

My neighbors must be getting lazy because they have permanent outdoor
Christmas lights. Actually it's a good concept. Why not have them
built in?

30 years ago we lived in a neighborhood where the homeowners were
shuned if they didn't get the lights down by say Feb 1.

Beachcomber