Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Fred Holder

Default Rookie Question

The Jet Mini should give you good service for your purpose. I personally like
the Nova Mercury better, but they are no longer available in the United States.
There are hundreds of small things that you can turn on a Jet Mini and may make
you wish you had a larger lathe. If space is the limiting factor, a small lathe
is a good choice. Welcome to the turning world.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com

In article , russ498 says...

I'm sure you've heard it a hundred times, but what lathe should I buy. I'm
pretty much stuck with a mini since I live in a townhouse and have 0 extra
space. As it is, I'm going to have to put a drop sheet under my bench to
keep as much off of the carpet as I can. The one that has caught my eye is a
Jet Mini. I realize I will be limited to small projects but......