Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
aarcuda69062

Default Oh no! Buying a toolbox...

In article ,
"Pete C." wrote:

aarcuda69062 wrote:

In article ,
"Steve Lusardi" wrote:

BB,
Been there, done that. What few people know is that SNAP-ON tool boxes
are
made in China.

Few people know it because it's totally false.

I do not have the name of the company off hand, but I can get
it.

The name of the company is Snap-On Tools, headquartered in
Kenosha Wi.

I have their professional box in stainless. It is 41" wide 17.5" deep
and stands 65" tall.

Snap-On doesn't offer a box in stainless.

It has pnuematic springs on the top box cover. All the
drawers are roller. I did change the castors on mine to 250 kg greased
swivel on all corners because of the overall weight (around 1200 to 1500
lbs). They are available around the $1,000 in the states under the
original
manufacturer's name. Here is a picture. This box is top of the line.
http://www.valkenpower.com/index.cfm...getItem&id=455

That isn't even close to a Snap-On box and it sure isn't close to
their top of the line, especially at a dinky 41"wide X 17.5'deep.
Their top of the line is 108" wide 29" deep (KRL1004)

Could be perhaps confusing Snap-On with Stack-On which I believe is a
Chinese brand.

Could be but then, who doesn't know that? ;-)

BTW, I haven't forgotten to send you the pix of my brake bleeder,
camera crapped out and now that I have a different camera, I just
gotta find the time.