Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB

Default Husky or Kobalt?

"Gutierrez99" wrote in message
m...
If you ask me, I would say keep your Craftsman Tools, But if you want
to but cheaper tools, but still have a great Warrenty buy KOBALT!
They are better than Huskey Trust me! IF anything goes wrong on a
Kobalt tool, take it back to LOWES and they will replace it
HASSLE-FREE like it says on the label of every item! I know, becuase
I have done it before and they ask you nothing, and they get the item
for you! so IMO If you dont want to pay a
lot of money go with Kobalt for the Great tools and Same warrenty as
Craftsman, But hey a CHEAPER Price, imagine that! Have fun with the
tools!

I bought a Husky AND the extended warranty figuring it would fail within the
three years of the contract. Immediate replacement guarantee. I figure I
will go through two or three compressors in the three years by just wearing
them out.

I used it yesterday to spray a gallon of wrought iron paint. Heated it up
enough to smell the paint frying on it. Really used it.

Sometimes the extended warranties make sense mathematically over a more
expensive compressor. This one was $399, and an IR of the same size was
$550. the IR would out last the Husky, but it doesn't have the replacement
clause.

I also got a full replace ment guarantee on my Toshiba laptop. It even
covers batteries, which I will probably use two of in the life of the
contract. They, in my clairvoyance, I foresee something like running over
it with my motorhome to get a free replacement or equal value credit. They
changed it this year to include accidental damage. And running over it with
a 21,000# motorhome would surely qualify as an accident.

Right?

Steve