Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller

Default OT dangerous dogs

In article , Bob Martin wrote:
in 1249912 20051119 170107 "Morris Dovey" wrote:
Mark & Juanita (in ) said:

| BTW, how are those restrictions on law abiding citizens working
| out over there? Has it kept the criminal element from being any
| more dangerous?

Last night the BBC reported that one female police "probationer"
(trainee?) had been shot to death and another wounded in the shoulder
by not-law-abiding persons. I'd assume that the answer to your
questions are "questionably" and "no".

That was an ordinary armed robbery, something which happens
a thousand times more in the US than in Britain.
You're getting desperate!

You missed the point rather badly -- the point being that it happened
anyway, despite the strict gun control laws that are supposed to make it
impossible.

I've always been baffled by the naivete and/or gullibility of those who
believe that gun control laws have *any* affect on the behavior of criminals,
who are, by definition, people who _don't_obey_laws_anyway_.

--
Regards,