Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Dingley

Default Corner bead router cutter

On 20 Nov 2005 02:58:40 -0800, wrote:

Spindle moulder is the best possible tool for accurate repro of period
mouldings

It's not bad if you're doing a big cyma but you'll never get as good a
reed from a spindle as you can with a single bladed hand tool. Besides
which, how do you do neat stopped mouldings ? A spindle might be the
easiest way to do repro mouldings, but surely the "best possible tool
for accurate repro" is to use the same hand plane they were cutwith
originally.

If it's only pine, then use a router. It won't take such a fine moulding
anyway. If it's 200' then it's probably hemlock rather than a true pine

Only pine! Whats wrong with pine?

There's nothing wrong with pine, except that we rarely use it any more.
You know how hard it is to even find pine of the same grade as was used
a century or so ago. If the OP is talking about 200' then I assume he's
doing skirtings or something and that will be in generic carpentry
whitewood, which is pretty unlikely to even be a pine, let alone a good
one.