Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Stirling

Default Swarfega Wipes

Stuart wrote:
A friend of mine has just had her living room and hall painted and
wants to get the muck,mainly nicotine as she is a smoker,off the light
pendant cables and the insulation covering the central heating pipes
where they enter the floor ( pre-insulated pipe)......The painter
suggested Swarfega Wipes which I had never heard of..I had previously
suggested JIF Cream Cleaner but she tried that and said it didnt work
but maybe she wasn't rubbing hard enough .Anyone tried these wipes .??

I find cables easy to clean using fairy liquid and pan cleaning scourers.