Posted to uk.d-i-y
Holly, in France

Default Biscuit Jointer

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:14:57 +0100, "Holly, in France"
wrote:

What about Rick's idea of a router (if you already have one?) with a
biscuit cutter? Works for us....

Two problems:

It won't do T joints, where you need to biscuit into the middle of a
panel.

Good point. We have only used it for a staircase and making boards into
panels so didn't have that issue.

Biscuits are supposed to be "quick and easy". If I want perfect, I'll
cut dovetails. The router technique doesn't offer the guides or simple
depth stop of a biscuiter.

Yes, that's true too. We were using it on it's side, IYSWIM, so the
depth stop on the router got the line and the depth was judged by hand.
It was 'quick and easy' in the way we were using it but I can see that
it wouldn't be in many other circumstances.

--
Holly, in France
Holiday Home in Dordogne