Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

Default Laser Levels - any good

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:37:59 GMT, John Anderton wrote:

I'm sure numbers of people are hovering to buy, so please can we
name specific models that do (or don't) work well?

Seconded. I've been tempted by one of these for a while,

The cheapies are mass produced in China and badged, they probably all
come form just one or two factories. I got mine off eBay it's badged
"Power Master". An identical looking model, with all the same
accessories, was for sale in Focus DIY under a different name. They
had shelves full of 'em for a week or three on "when it's gone it's
gone" sort of offer.

I wouldn't trust it's levels for anything particulary critical, after
all it does say on it 0.5mm/m... Which may only refer to the main
bubble not the laser part. With care it does make transfering
plumblines to walls more accurate and for marking out a plane for a
border/dado or even the bottom of a row of tiles irreplaceable.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail