Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim

Default Delta faucet screw

miamicuse wrote:

I have a delta single lever kitchen faucet that is leaking so I want to take
it apart and replace some parts.

However the socket screw (hex) does not turn. I tried it with an allen
wrench it will not move. Then I used a drill to go in reverse and now it
stripped the corners.

Not sure what I should do. Should I drill into the screw and take it out
with a screw extractor?

Thanks in advance,

MC

You won't drill into it. Those screws are haaaaaard.

They get tight due to corrosion on the threads.
Only way I've been able to free them up is with a
torch to heat the handle.

You can remove the large ring nut and pull the handle
and the inner ball right out.

Delta has a pretty good Support section:
http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal

Jim