Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom H

Default How to handle dust collection on a TS wing router table?

The link I sent you has the hole in front of the router bit, but also one to
the right of the bit (about 4.5" - center of the bit to center of the hole)
With a hole 2/3 of the way thourgh the fence ( cut from bottom up" you use a
'U' shaped removable cup to channel the dust from the hole in the fence to
the hole in the plate.
In the picture on the site the cup is white. I made mine out of MDF.

"Toller" wrote in message

"Tom H" wrote in message
news
I built a box around mine.
Left the front open where I put a piece of plexiglas that slides down to
give total frontal access to the router.
I cut a hole on one side just big enough for the plug on the cord then
pluged the hole with a large tapered dowel with a slit for the cord.
I cut a hole for my shop vac in the side and installed a switch with two
outlets ( one for the router one for the shop vac)
I cut two holes in the router plate similar to that used on the tv show
"The Router Workshop" (see link:
http://us.oak-park.com/catalogue.html?list=BP-PC04- )
You don't need the collection plate just cut the holes in your router
plate.
Everything is sucked in from every hole in the router plate.
I am very happy with my setup. It cut down the router dust by 75%

Thanks for the interesting idea. It would sure be easier than running a
hose to the fence.
Perhaps I could just make the table opening an oval, extending back into
the opening in the fence; that would give better airflow and draw the air
back towards the fence.
Has anyone tried that? The more I think about it, the more I like it.