Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default coffee table shelf design question

Fri, Nov 18, 2005, 5:01pm (EST-1) (Chris*Friesen)
just had to ask:
snip how to support the shelf, given that it wasn't originally
designed for one. snip

Cut a notch in each corner of the shelf. Cut 8 triangle shapes, 2
to go on the inside corners of each leg, as long as the height you want
the shelf to be. Flip the table - it'd be hard to put the shelf in once
the supports are glued on. Set the shelf in place. Glue the triangle
shape on, clamp 'em, or a couple of brads, "just until the glue sets",
flip the table, and the shelf goes right in place. Or, you could nail
them, instead of gluing. Or, drill holes, and use dowels, to be a bit
fancy, with glue, of course. Don't ask, just go ahead and do it, anyway
you figure it will work.

JOAT
Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.