Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default How to handle dust collection on a TS wing router table?

I am putting a router table in as my TS left wing. I don't want to make it
any heavier than necessary, but I do want to collect the dust. I can put a
2.5" port on the fence (well, I can do it once I figure out how to make the
fence; any suggestions on how to make one that attaches to the TS fence?)
but much of the dust goes down. The router, a Bosch 1617 has a 1" plastic
dust port that goes on the back. I tried it today and it is not too bad,
but not so great either. If I hook my DC up to the 1" port below the table
and the 2.5" port on the fence will that be adequate, or do I have to build
an enclosure for the router and put a 4" port on it (rather than using the
1" port)?

I am sure many of you have TS router tables, some even with the 1617; how do
you do it? Thanks.

Interestingly, I first hooked my 15a vacuum up to the 1" port, but found the
DC did a better job. I expected the vacuum to win that one.