Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab

Default Graphite grease: yeild to lithium?

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Used to be you could buy little squeeze bottles of pure graphite, for locks,
etc.
Lock-ease was a low-viscosity product w/ suspended graphite.

Grind up pencil leads??? Carbon-arc torch rods?
Mebbe not!
Iffin I remember correctly from chem, seems graphite had a slightly
different super-structure than plain old compressed carbon--loosely bonded
into flat molecular small sheets/rings, which would then slide over each
other.

I think what I will do is just order this stuff:

http://www.graphitestore.com/itemDet...10&c urPage=1

and be happy. FWIW, it seems to me that graphite grease was common, but
that it is becoming less so????

Thanks!!

Bill