Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

Default 4x6 bandsaw link?

It can be annoying that some vendors such as J&L in the UK sell what
appears to be the same saw with a differing paint colour next to each
other in the catalogue for differing prices. They doesn't seem to be any
difference so why the price difference. I can say though that as my
neighbour has a 4x6 which outwardly looks to same as mine it has detail
differences and is of a better quality. He bought his maybe 10 years
earlier but for the same price of about £170, so with it should better
given the decreasing value of money.

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:

Not just the home shop, Grant--good number of pro's have one of these tucked
in a corner somewhere, proly next to the prototype guy!

This, and mebbe a Crapsman cheapie chop saw ($66 was the lowest I
saw--better at HF?), w/ an abrasive wheel, and you got Saw Heaven.
I wonder if HF carries these 4x6 saws.
Note that diff versions of these saws (same price--$199?) have differing
quality, it seems. Or mebbe just a diff. paint job?? An acquaintance
had one from MSC, seemed much better than mine (origins unknown).
Kudos to yer FAQ.
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message

A guy was asking me today about my little 4x6 bandsaw FAQ. I have a link in
it which has gone dead, which link is (or was?):

http://www.tcis.net/~kwag98/shop/saw/4x6saw.html

That page was done by someone who called himself "Wild Bill".

Does anyone know where that page moved to, or did anyone happen to archive
it? If the latter, please email me offline so I can work with you to get
my link working again, it was a real good reference.

Even though I haven't owned a 4x6 saw for several years now, I still have
a lot of fun corresponding with guys who do. Those saws have to be still
one of the best deals going for a home metalworking shop.

Grant Erwin
Kirkland, Washington