Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff

Default AjaxCNC mill retrofit questions

On 19 Nov 2005 15:55:52 GMT, Donnie Barnes
wrote:

I've recently acquired a Bridgeport Boss 8, pictured he

http://gallery.donniebarnes.com/cnc-mill

The drive motors and encoder plate information is he

http://www.donniebarnes.com/~djb/mill-info.txt

Looks like our R2E3 BOSS 8 which has recently given up the ghost.

I would like to do a retrofit on ours but our school system would
rather tell us why we can't buy a new machine for many $$$$$$$$
instead of spending $$$ on a retrofit.

I may be able to get the machine declared scrap and claim if for
myself then retro it out of my pocket. But that could lead to a
problem if I keep it in the school shop. I will have to see what
happens. It seems a shame that a machine with the flaking still
clearly visible on the ways is sitting unused because of dead
electronics.

Don, on Monday I can take pictures of our machine's Y axis motor
mount and post if for you. Probably in the Dropbox.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School
643 Upper Maple Street