Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What Would Be the Standard Practice in This Situation? - 1

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:15:46 GMT, "JWho" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:31:38 GMT, "JWho" wrote:

schnipp

OK, just for you, :-) I checked on something, but want to be sure. Is
"castor" degrees the same as rake degrees?

Nope. Rake is th' number of degrees as measured between th' angle
between th' steering neck (on yer bike) to a vertical line down
through th' axle. An example of a zero rake application would be a
shopping cart wheel.

Thanks.

Your welcome ; )

So what's castor?

****, I read that as *camber* for some reason. Both (camber and
castor) are typically automotive terms that I don't usually deal with.
But yes, rake and castor are measured in a similar manner but on
different vehicles.

So if you talk rake to an automotive guy, he'll give you th' same
blank stare as a motorcycle frame guy when asked about castor g.

Snarl