Posted to alt.solar.thermal,alt.home.repair
Dennis

Default polyiso vs styrofoam

Anthony Matonak wrote

I think there might also be fire issues with packing peanuts.
Not like they are going to spontaneously combust but if they
ever did catch a spark they would burn intensely and produce
lots of toxic smoke.

How is this any different than the foam board that completely surrounds
my house now? Isn't glass fire resistant? How will this spark get
into the cavity? My carpeting is completely exposed and far more
susceptible to catching a spark, which would yield large amounts of
poisionous gas, than a window space filled with packing peanuts.

I was mostly curious to see if anyone actually tried this and what the
result was. I think I will give it a try in one window unless someone
knows of any real concerns that could damage my home.

Dennis