Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG

Default Threshold air gap problem

You will need to either raise the threshold to at least the top of
the new carpeting or use an operable door bottom. here is an
example:
http://www.ngpinc.com/pdf/catalog/Ga... %20g28%2Epdf

these are activated by a plunger that bumps the jamb and forces
the seal down.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"grandad" wrote in message
oups.com...
We had new carpeting installed in our family room and the
outside
family room door would not open because the new carpeting is
higher
than the old. I cut the door down so it would open but there
was an
air gap at the bottom when the door was closed. I installed a
new
rubber insert in the threshold but there is still a 1/4in airgap
at the
bottom. I then installed a rubber door sweep on the outside
bottom of
the door and it covered the gap with the door closed but the
door is
very hard to open because it rubs on the new carpeting. Any
ideas
would be appreciated.