Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default DC bags and Pam cooking spray Question

Wes Stewart said:

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:40:45 -0700, Mark & Juanita
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:43:32 -0500, Robatoy wrote:

In article , "George" George@least
wrote:

Sort of like getting mucous on your nose hairs, the oil will hold on to
dust.

And nobody's worried about clogging the pores?
That stuff sticks like dog snot to a screen door.
I can't imagine it being a long term solution.

But, like Greg pointed out, if you want/need those buttery fresh
shavings... *G*

I don't know, sounds like a combination of disasters waiting to happen,
dust explosion from ungrounded dust collector coupled with spontaneous
combustion from the oil in the cooking spray. :-)

Right. I think you need a -drying oil-, like BLO or Watco. That
should do it... no fumes and no air flow to blow dust all over the
shop... problem solved.

Yeahbut, the drying BLO will cause spontaneous combustion of the DC
bags. g

I think we've invented the perfect modern appliance here - a Dust
Collector that consumes power, generates noise and heat, but
accomplishes no useful task. Kinda like television - and politicians.

Greg G.