Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT weed eaters

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:25:57 -0600, Wayne Cook
wrote:

I can tell you right now that when I see a Ryobi two stroke weed
eater come in the door I cringe. They seem to be the hardest of any of
the weed eater models to get to run right after they quit. Mostly due
to there choice of carb design.

And conversely, I can attest that Stihl's line suffers no such evil.
Living in th' PNW, ours sits for about 6 months. All we've ever done
is run it dry of fuel and hang it up for winter. Next Spring, fuel it
up and away she goes... without hesitation. Six years now anyway, and
I have no reason to believe next Spring will prove any different.

My Stihl chainsaw has proven that after 16 years. Albeit I have taken
it in for a tune up a couple of times shrug.

Snarl