James P Crombie

Default Bore gages

I have 2 sets of 0-4", the Mitutoyo solid type with the heat sheilds and
the 0-4 digimatic set that I got for $300 back in 1990 :-) I kept the
standard mics at home and the Digimatic at work. I found I rarely used
the 2-3 or 3-4 but occasionally they came in handy. Most of the
measurements I made were using the tri-mics, stick mics or with a 12-16"
adjustable type mic. Big lathe, big parts :-)
But with my enforced vacation they are collecting dust in the
basement at the moment. Forget about shooting the lawyers, its those
moron bean counters that think they can save money by laying off the
highest payed(and most experienced) people in the shop. And now every
one in the shop is working 8-10 hours O/T every week.
Arrrrrrrrrgggggggg- Rant off :-)
So, whats the job market like up there at the moment? :-)

Mike Graham wrote:
In article , James P Crombie wrote:

measuring tools. I did get a quite a bit of stuff then (calipers 6 &12"
,6"depth mic, 0-4" mic set and 6&12" squares, rad gages) all digital
mics and calipers.

This brings up something that has been annoying me of late. Everybody has
a 0-1" mic. Most people probably have several (I have at least four) yet if
you want to buy a set of mics they always include the 0-1". I would *love*
to be able to buy a 1-4" set of mics. Sigh.

James P Crombie

Summerside Machinist
Prince Edward Island Amateur Astronomer
Canada 3D Designer