Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Default Reminder, Suggestion, Question

Following Wilma, in Palm Beach Co. alone eleven houses have been
destroyed due to fires started from candles. Some were expensive homes
with presumably reasonable inhabitants. If there must be an open flame
on an iffy holder in yours, your friend's or your customer's houses
during the holidays, think about it!

Need to make lots of modest Holiday gifts and won't be making
candlesticks or other flame throwers? Consider decorative 'no flame'
ones with turned 'candles' from cheap wood and twine wicks. Funky?....
or quick & easy fun to make solid spindle turnings with lots of room for
innovation?
What are some other quick to make, proud to give, glad to receive and
_safe to use turned gifts? OTOH, what gifts should I think carefully
about before making to keep, give away or sell? Why?
I'm not asking for knee kick answers like "people should be personally
responsible" or "everything we make carries a risk; allergy, choking,
puncturing, or a bowl full of egg nog falling on a head full of same.
That's true carried to an absurdity, but I hope for some common sense
ideas that help ...and quick! I need to get going.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter