Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT

Default Joining PVC Plastic Pipe Solvent Question

BobK207 wrote:
The BEST (strongest) PVC pipe joints ar made with:

primer on both, glue on both

using the clear light bodied glue

In 20 years of using this method I've never had a joint failure

the only two joint failures in all those years, were with the Red Hot
glue (that blue crap)

I switched on one installation (thought the blue crap was better
because all the pros use it)

Not the pro I learned from -- he taught me just as you've described,
and it has "just worked" for me ever since.

Not better just faster (& more likely to fail)

cheers
Bob

cheers
Bob