Posted to alt.home.repair
Joey

Default Removable Second Window

Why not just install a storm window on the outside ? They cut down on
the noise and wind and are easily opened.

wrote:

I'd like to install a thick sheet of glass on the inside of my existing
window to improve the sound insulation. I'd like to have this glass be
removable in case of fire and to allow access to the alarm contacts on
the outer window, but I still want a tight seal.

I can imagine a variety of structures and fasteners that could allow
this, but I'm not sure what's available in the real world. What I
think I need most is some frame to attach the glass to that's
permanent, and then some way to attach this frame to a lip inside my
window opening that will press it firmly against a rubber gasket.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to products that might help?

Thanks!