Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Sealing Plastic Fuel Tank

1_Patriotic_Guy wrote:
I am attempting to put a leaf blower in use after it sat unused by my
mother-in-law. I had to buy new fuel line and a new fuel filter. The new
fuel line has a thicker outside diameter, so I had to enlarge
the 2 holes into the fuel tank (1 supply, 1 return drain from
carberator). The rubber fuel line fits tightly through the plastic
fuel tank, but I think I should seal between the rubber line and edge
of the plastic tank opening with some kind of sealant. I have lots
of caulk laying around, but won't acrylic or silicone caulk be
quickly eaten through/dissolved by the unleaded gasoline? What are my
options and best choice to apply where the fuel line enters the tank?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know about you, but I would not want to be using a gasoline
powered device in my hands with a Kentucky rigged gas tank. I don't look
good in burns.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit