Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark & Juanita

Default OT dangerous dogs

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:09:52 -0500, (J T) wrote:

Thu, Nov 17, 2005, 11:17pm (EST-3)

(Too_Many_Tools) doth claim:
A right that can and is taken away is a priviledge. snip

Isn't that fascism?

Probably more precisely statism: The idea that all benefits derive from
the government and are dispensed or withdrawn at the whim and discretion of
the government. In a statist government, there are no such things as
"rights" and certainly not "inalienable rights". Everything is a privilege
that can be given or taken away based upon expediency for the government.
Fascism and communism are two instances of rampant statism.

One of the reasons that the "modern" idea of the constitution as a
"living" document is so dangerous is that this approach promotes statism.
The idea that the constitution means whatever is expedient at the time
rather than what it states in clear language allows statist judges to make
decisions based upon their feelings and beliefs, not upon what the
constitution actually states as limits on the government.

JOAT
Just pretend I'm not here. That's what I'm doing.