Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

Default coffee table shelf design question

In article ,
Chris Friesen wrote:

What would you call this slot anyways? It's kind of like a mortise, but
it's on a corner, and there really isn't a matching tenon. Is it kind
of a wierd dado?

Well, Chris, it is called The Schlobotnik. Named after Igor Duncan
Schlobotnik. (The Duncan comes from his mother's side, she was British.)
Born in Lithuania, he emigrated to Saskatchewan to study mountain
climbing. Always the rebellious kind, he always went against his
father's wishes. So when his father told him "never to cut
corners"....well... the rest is history.

I was going to Google this silliness, just to see if the name actually
existed, but I had already hit the send button.

Dude... it's weekend already.....