Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default Dino VS Synthetic Grease Question - MIX...

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:21:37 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

I'm building a gearbox for a customer that will be running at a speed
slightly beyond my comfort level using simple "dino" based grease inside...

However... The bearings have already been packed with dino grease and I
want to put in high-temp synthetic grease. Does anyone think the 2% dino
will adversely affect the Synthetic grease I plan on packing the unit with?

Joe,
Did you ask your bearing supply house?
They usually have such answers .....
--