stuart noble

Default Cutting plastic mirrors

JRH wrote in message ...
Hi

As an absolute novice, I'd be really grateful if you guys (and girls) could
help me out on how to cut small plastic (acrylic) mirrors and some

practical
advice about what equipment I need to buy.

As background, I run a small ceramic/pottery shop and want to make some
hand-held vanity mirrors. I have sourced a supplier (around £80 for a 8' x
4' sheet, 3mm thick) but the cost of them to cut the mirrors for me is very
prohibitive and so I need to cut (and finish) them myself.

I think I'd shop around a bit more first. With the right equipment 100 of
those would be a 5 minute job. All you need is someone with 5 minutes spare
capacity.
If ceramics are your game, I wouldn't get side tracked into plastics. You
can shop around by phone easily enough. A 5x4 oval doesn't need drawings
etc. I always start at the top. Ask the plastic manufacturer where you can
get small runs of their stuff cut to size.
Also try the web. It's certainly very easy to order engraved signs online
which is essentially the same machinery.