Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

Default Technics SA5760

mark wrote:
If their's only crackling on one side and everything else sounds ok
through the output not out of the headphone jack it can be a noisy
transistor if you have a scope check the driver of that channel for noise. I
don't know the specific receiver but this is a general check for that type
of problem.

Missed the OP, I guess. It blew. No output of any kind now. Initially
it acted as detailed...then went completely out. The relay doesn't kick
in, but no overload (front LED) indicator lit.

Thanks for the response. I was looking for detailed info on that
particular model. I have a scope. When I finally get my shop moved and
set back up again, I'll trace the sig through from front to back and do
detailed t'shooting. I was hoping for a quick fix....sigh

jak