Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hinz

Default OT dangerous dogs

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:52:01 GMT, Vic Baron wrote:
.....And their daddy is in jail.

For shooting a DOG? Where the hell do you live? I sure wouldn't want
to be there.

You bet your sweet ass. Every hear of animal cruelty?

Nothing cruel about a dog going from threatening my kids, to dead, in a
few seconds. You'd rather I let my kids get bit, would you? Hell of a
nice guy you are.

IN the OP situation,
the dog was GROWLING at the kids. IMHO a good attorney would argue that
growling did not constitute an iminent danger. If the dog were ATTACKING -
no problem.

If a dog is making what I think is a threatening move towards my kids,
the dog will die. The end.

Seems like a ridiculous situation but unless you live in the boonies of cow
country

Yes, I do. And what's the problem with that?

you better have a damn good reason to shoot ANYTHING or you will go
to jail or at least get sued by the animal's owner.

Go ahead and try. I want a jury.

So you would have my kids mauled while I stand by watching it. Lovely.

What an idiotic comment - needs no response.

You say above it's only ok if the dog has started to actually attack.
I'm not going to wait.

Yes. You wouldn't want someone who doesn't know what they're doing,
using deadly force. I guess those people get to dial 911 and wait, and
hope for the best.

Frankly, the way most people shoot, and especially under a pressure
situation - they'd probably miss the dog and hit the kids.

What specifically is your direct personal experience with firearms? I
have a guess: "none at all". How right am I?

I repeat - if the
dog is standing there growling - you have no right to shoot it. And if it's
a rapidly moving target running towards your kids - you have just as good a
chance at hitting your kids.

You have no idea of my qualifications as a marksman, my training, or my
equipment.