AHS

Default Bore gages

There are two more things to consider. First, if you are looking at used
ones, there is the issue of how accurate the movement is. Secondly, if the
gage does not come will all the extension points, buying them can get
expensive (If even available.). Extension can easily exceed $25 each, and
sometimes it requires as many as 7 extensions to give a full range for a
given bore gage. So a $50 Ebay 'buy' may not be such a good deal.

"Craig" wrote in message
om...
Mike Graham wrote in message

. ..
I've never used a bore gage (dial bore gage, whatever). I've only used
inside mics (of the tubular variety) and telescopic gages. Are bore

gages
sufficiently snazzy to make them worth the relatively upper-crusty price
tag? A set of intramics is absolutely out of the question. 8-)

If you need the accuracy, they are great. We've got at least 30 Mohr
gage kits here at work. Our kits can cover everything from .128" all
the way up to .500". Kits consist of a digital head, various extension
pins and the necessary ball ends and check rings. Takes about 30
seconds to set one up. When you have to do hole diameter checks on
500-600 holes in a single installation, it makes for fast inspection.
Don't know what the kits cost, but I believe that you can start with
just the head and one size set up.

Craig C.