Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Chicken Soup for the woodworking soul - Recipe

"Greg G." wrote in message

I used a similar formula/recipe (accumulated proceeds from eBay sales)
to fund my latest acquisitions - the clamps I thought I would never
own - the Bessy-K 25/50 pairs from LV. I'll let you know what they
taste like - next January... sob

Looks like the local Rockler is fixing to have their 40% off sale on
Bessey's, and I could always use a couple more 24 inchers ...

BTW, it's "Starrett" - you may have gotten a Chinese rip-off if
there's only one T. g Since mine are nearly 28 years old, and are
from another era/life, I could be wrong about that... g

Heretofore they've been far to high cla$$ for my blood, so I haven't learned
the correct spelling. Hell, I only just learned how to pronounce "Leigh" a
few years ago.

But I still marvel at their workmanship and quality - as with the
Veritas sliding bevel gauge I received for Christmas last year.

Know what you mean .. my Veritas low angle block plane is indeed a thing of
great beauty.

And kudos for a post that doesn't involve trolls, kooks, politics, or
a myriad of other agitating topics.

In retrospect it was kinda of a stupid post, but damn if it hasn't looked
like a wasteland of kooks, blind leading the blind, and ****heads around
here lately, so it fits right in.

--
www.e-woodshop.net