Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook

Default OT weed eaters

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:39:54 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:32:19 -0600, Wayne Cook
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:50:33 GMT, "Karl Vorwerk"
wrote:

Convinced her gas was best. Now I'm looking for the 4 stroke Ryobi. None at
Home Depot so I'm going to check out the garden stores tomorrow.

Good luck finding one. I'm pretty sure they don't make them anymore.
The fact is that Ryobi sold the weedeater line and then bought it back
so I'm not even sure who made the 4 stroke models since at one point
there was two different companies selling under the Ryobi name.
Looking on Ryobi power tools home page only shows 2 stroke models.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm

This is the parent company that manufactures Ryobi lawn and garden
products, including weed eaters.

The pistons are made on my equipment..OmniTurn lathes, in Aridzona.

http://www.mtdproducts.com/home.jsp

Yeah MTD owns most of the lawn and garden companies now days.
However talking to my MTD distributer the other day and he told me the
story of the Ryobi line being sold then they changed there minds and
decided to get back into the weed eater business thus they bought back
the rights to the name.

Ok. I just checked my MTD parts lookup and MTD made the Ryobi line
from 2000-2004. All other years where made by Ryobi Technologies Inc.

I can tell you right now that when I see a Ryobi two stroke weed
eater come in the door I cringe. They seem to be the hardest of any of
the weed eater models to get to run right after they quit. Mostly due
to there choice of carb design.