jim rozen

Default 3 phase 240VAC to 120 VAC single phase?

In article ,
says...

Nope, you took that one out of a different context. I'm talking about 208 delta
there. Your power company may still support it for new work, but none of the
ones I know will (though they continue to support it in old work). They want
to supply 480 wye instead. It saves them money via smaller cheaper transformers.
In a stretched out facility it saves you money too, in reduced copper costs.

Geeze. Our entire plant is set up for 208 star. Because most of
the loads in the labs are 120.

But then the building is supplied with two 13.8 kV feeders.
I think we do our own on-site transformations from there on
down.

Jim

please reply to: