Jim Stuyck

Default Sears air compressor starting problem

"Brian Lawson" wrote in message
Hey Jim,

Why would a larger capacity circuit breaker allow a motor to start
instead of stalling? I don't think so. Just lets the "stall"
continue for a few more seconds.

Fellow wrote that the circuit breaker tripped. Mine did, too.

Now, if the fellow plugs his compressor into a 20-amp
circuit, and that does NOT cure his problem, well and
good. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But if it DOES
restart, then he's spent nothing but a few minutes.

Like I wrote, 25 years ago a 15-amp circuit, which SHOULD
have been sufficient, was not. Switched to a 20-amp circuit
and haven't had a problem since.

Jim Stuyck