Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Hodges

Default Olives for compression fittings

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:08:25 GMT, raden wrote:

The copper olives are pretty easy to remove. Monument sell an
olive remover tool for 15mm only, for...£25.

But you'd use a hacksaw, wouldn't you

Time is money. 30s with a proper tool and no pipe damage or a couple
of minutes hacksaw and possible pipe damage. If I was a pro plumber I
know which I'd use and it wouldn't have lots of little teeth.

A cheapo dremel clone to nearly split the olive and then a screwdriver
to finish the job (twist open the slot made by the dremel) is quite
quick and easy (and there was no room for a hacksaw).

Chris

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with blueyonder dot co dot uk